Thursday, June 2, 2011

On the subject of fear...

The barneys have been two weeks ahead of the drivers/trainees in this devotional, and so I actually had the chance to sit in this topic two weeks ago. As I've wrestled with my own mental paralysis, hesitation in decisionmaking, and fearful inactivity in the last few weeks, here's where I've landed:

1. Fear is NOT from the Lord. Ever. It's not of his character (reverent fear is different...) and it therefore is not something that we, as image-bearers, are to reflect. Question its source any and every time it plagues you. Call it out for what it is, and then claim victory over it (I am an overcomer by the blood of the Lamb and the word of my testimony - Rev 12:11)!
2. Read and re-read and re-read again 1 John 4. Let the love of the Father envelop all that you are and let the truth of his love redirect your focus as you take on great risks and dwell on the threshold of the incredible call God has put on your life: to love Yahweh your God with all your heart, mind, and strength!

No comments:

Post a Comment