Wednesday, March 30, 2011

3 Fold Freedom

As I was reading last night the verse in Philippians and 2 Corinthians I was struck by the power I felt in Freedom. The ability to experience real freedom is very freeing, perhaps the worst definition ever as I use the same word in the definition but for me that is the best definition. I loved the 3 types of freedom described, dwelling in freedom, celebrating in freedom and being a living expression of freedom. These had me reflecting on whether I am dwelling, celebrating and being aliving expression of freedom. All of these come from resting solely on Christ and His freedom. Incredible that His Freedom can be our Freedom, not a new concept but an incredible reminder. I was also very encouraged by the version I read for Philippians 3: 13-14 "....this is what I do: I don't look back, I lengthen my stride, and I run straight toward the goal to win the prize that God's heavenly call offers in Christ Jesus." I will not look back but lengthen my stride as I run the raise, work harder, reach as far as I can to Christ. I need to lengthen my stride as I run toward the freedom that Christ is given.

No comments:

Post a Comment