Wednesday, March 30, 2011

scandal

A combo of yesterday's passage and today's thoughts on God's incredible pursuit of me has got this heart pounding and aching. A weird and powerful mixture of conviction, love, fear, and freedom. To be desired by the king? God's love for me is so so scandalous.
Over and over the last few days Ive heard a whisper when my heart is drawn in other directions, "do you love me?" ah Yes Jesus, I do, I do! pull me back to you like only you know how. Take this heart and seal it for yourself. As I am your treasure, be mine. you gave everything for me, you lay your life on the line, pour yourself out...for me. oh and it makes this heart burn with a fire I've never known. A heart that searches for something to burn for, to be moved, to feel, to fight for something, and there it is, right in my face, the only real treasure, a call that scares me to death, a passion worth everything. Teach me to respond, to give myself away to you fully. You are not safe, but you are good. I dont want safe and I dont want easy, I want risky, and dangerous, and You.
"Listen! my lover! look! Here he comes, leaping across the mountains, bounding over the hills...my lover spoke to me and said, arise my darling, my beautiful one, and come with me. See, the winter is past and the rains are over and gone" Song of Songs 2:8-11
you call me beloved, beautiful one, yours...SCANDAL!

2 comments:

  1. Em, I love the way you write with such passion. I pray that God would continue to reveal his love, and heart to you. Thanks for your sweet post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dang, Emily - you convicted me hard core with that one. Thanks for the blessing of sharing what's on your heart!

    ReplyDelete