Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Siempre Contigo

Christ gives us the freedom to be who he wants us to be. "When you acknowledge that as you bond with Christ, Jesus draws out of you your unique, individual talents and passions, you are the living expression of freedom." Our walk with Christ shapes who we are. My friends know that my faith is a huge part of who I am. My faith has a daily influence on how I choose to live my life. I choose to live my life serving others and serving Christ. I choose to live out my faith. As I dig into my relationship with Christ, Christ peels away the layers and breaks the boundaries that have kept my from finding my self worth and confidence. Siempre contigo -- with you always. Christ is with us every step of the way. "When you desire Christ's company because being with Him is fun, refreshing, and your life's highest joy, you celebrate freedom." By having complete faith in Christ, in the fact that he is with us always, we find freedom. We are given the freedom to be us. The freedom to live for Christ and let him expose the unique individuals that we are. We dig into our relationship with Christ with hopes that we may grow closer and grow stronger in our relationship -- at the same time, Christ digs into us to expose the freedom that he has given us. Phillippians 3:12-13 says, "Not that I have already obtained all this, or have already been made perfect, but I press on to take hold of that for which Christ Jesus took hold of me. Brothers, I do not consider myself yet to have taken hold of it. But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead." No one is perfect. We never claim to know all the answers. That is perfectly fine. Having the knowledge that Christ knows all the answers is what matters.

My prayer is that as we all prepare for this summer that Christ may continue to work in our hearts as we dig into to Him and that He would continue to peel back the layers and expose the individuals that we are.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for your prayer. Galatians 5:1 -- "It is for freedom that Christ has set us free." I am challenged to surrender my yoke of slavery, death, and fear to Christs freedom, life, and faith.

    ReplyDelete