Monday, March 28, 2011

Showered lately?

If you ask yourself, do I smell, do you?
What do you smell of?
What kind of life do you smell like,
What smells up your life?
Do people rub-off their smell on you,
or do you rub-off on them?
Do you try to cover up your smell?
Are you the type to stay in a corner,
or are you the young kid who runs to their mom after playing dodge ball?
What does your character smell like?
Are you a down-wind person or an up-wind person?

What does Kevin Straw smell like? Well, I smell like a christian, who screws up daily and is daily forgive for the same things over and over and over again. At times I smell like a worldly man, searching out my own benefits in stead of what God has for me, and he continues to bring me back around. Work, friends, games, and things are what fills my hunger temporarily and take me away from God. I feel no satisfaction from them like the way God satisfies my hunger. I believe people rub-off on me and I rub-off on them, good or bad, depends on the people your around. I stay in the corner of Christianity, so i am less vulnerable. I never put myself out there to share with others. I live in my bubble. I have a good character but I'm a downwind-person. meaning Ill take whatever God gives me but I find no way of passing it on. Hence the reason for finding a way that I have no choice but to serve and show others Christ DAILY. I pray this opens doors to my heart and allows me to get past Myself.

Look at yourself and dig deep. Ask the simple question. What smell am I?

No comments:

Post a Comment