Thursday, March 31, 2011

time for breakfast

Here at school my life is surrounded my academia and expectations, future plans, decisions etc. things that never crossed my mind in CA-- I blame the cold (mostly because i blame everything on the cold) My days are filled with fruitless labor. Some school habits have permeated my everyday life-which i do not like....at all. For example--> I feel the need to always be prepared- for anything- enough stressful class periods have taught me what happens when you don't do all of the reading or make sure you are ready for any circumstance possible. Its easy for me to see how this affects my relationship with God. If I don't feel fully prepared to encounter God, I get stressed, its like I'm afraid God's going to call me out in front of the class for not finishing my assigned reading. But isn't that ridiculous? Because, come on. Who is ever fully prepared to encounter God? NO ONE. We can never fully prepare ourselves for Someone so glorious and awesome--we don't even know where to start. So basically after reading John 21:1-14 I am like- Stop letting this stuff distract you ADK! Not your past, present, or future! I can't get caught up in preparing myself for God- because what...am i gonna put on some nice calm and collected facade for Him. That just sounds silly. God knows me- he sees my brokenness, he sees my heart, and my thoughts, and He loves me....I know its crazy but HE DOES! Even if I roll out of bed and put on sweats, he still wants to eat with me. He wants me, and my heart, and trust ...EVERYTHING! He is pursuing an intimate relationship with me so nows my chance to do it right back! So I want to eat breakfast- I want to talk to God and i want to answer His call!

1 comment:

  1. I love here when you say "He knows me... and he loves me, it's crazy but HE DOES!" Yes This is truth! And he says I love Every piece of you, not just the good, not just the bad ALL OF IT!!! Thanks for sharing this post Anneliese!

    ReplyDelete