Thursday, March 31, 2011

Unique New York!

I love reading about the smells that each of you have shared about and the many analogies that go with them! This is very encouraging because as each of us read something we put a tiny different spin on it as we share about it. It reminds me of how during the summer God puts specific students on the boats because of the (same smell) different experiences we have had!

Genuine Love of Christ

Day 1- It's because of the His blood we reek! Pheromones are unique to us. Each person we come into contact with our pheromones the body secretes are picked up. The smell can be good or bad depending on the way the other person perceives them. Interesting! Christ created us so uniquely, this constantly blows my mind. Lord, may I not spray things on myself, (pride, jealousy, status... ) that take away or cover up the natural smell you put on me.

Day 2- "When you desire Christ's company because being with Him is fun, refreshing, and your life's highest joy, you celebrate freedom." Reading (anything in general) was always tough for me, it wasn't until the last few years that it became easier. Reid had said a few years ago that some of his best friends were the disciples in the bible! Hearing that I thought, Wow! What Faith! I am finding the more I read, the more I WANT to read, a far cry from a few years ago!

Day 3- “To this day, one of the most difficult images for me to contemplate in my imagination is my savior’s eyes peering down at me from his cross. ” I look at where his eyes are focused- not on his hand but right into my eyes! Powerful, Piercing, eyes, looking at me, telling me "You are worth dying for." I also love where it says "He is not safe, but he is good!" With just a look from Him I'm brought to my knees in worship.

I find that in the more I am pushed to get to know Christ, the more I'm challenged to share about Him. He chooses to use even me (us) to bring glory to His name (I am... a co-laborer together with Christ)

Lord, for as long as you see useful continue to have me look like a "fool" for your name. Thanks for your faithfulness, thanks for loving us, may we continue to see ourselves and others through Your eyes, with Love! Lord may our love for you and others be genuine. All I am is Yours! Less of me More of you!

No comments:

Post a Comment