Monday, May 23, 2011

I am empty He is full

I remember sitting in this staff characteristic all last summer. And a year later it still is sitting heavy and whirling around in my head.

"The more you focus on your creator's fullness, the more you perceive your own emptiness. As the creator fills the secret, empty recesses of your soul your countenance reflects the creator's fullness...The challenge is that the fullness of your creator is not something that you acquire. It is freely and extravagantly given. What lacks is the discipline and resolve to commune intimately with the creator's abundance."

Father, show me how to wear the person of Christ like a garment or sweet perfume. Open my eyes to let me be in your abundance grace. Thank you for extravagantly giving and giving your fullness into my emptiness.

No comments:

Post a Comment