Monday, May 23, 2011

Intelligence?

Considering finals were the last two weeks, my brain has been thinking uhh educationally. Two of the passages we read stood out to me because they changed my view on college and why I am in school at all. I find it easy to focus on getting good grades and being bummed when it doesn't happen. While yes, I am full time student and my parents would be the first to say "my job is to get good grades" thats not my purpose. My purpose is to go to school for God. Weather that is through the relationships I build in class or light that Christ shines through me or the papers i write about God for my professors, my purpose is to glorify God. 1st Corinthians 8:1 talks about knowledge leads to selfish ambition. While this isn't to say knowledge is bad but when it is my main goal, it totally is. Also, in 1st Corinthians 8:9 it says that we need to be careful that our freedom doesn't cause others to stumble. While knowledge is important, the most important kind of knowledge is how to bring others to Jesus, it's not about how much I can share with a camper, or a friend, it's about how I can be there to help them learn.
For me, when school is no longer about academic perfection, and simply another opportunity to serve Jesus, theres a whole lot of less stress.

No comments:

Post a Comment