Saturday, April 23, 2011

His Power Perfected

Ok so I just sat down to write an entirely different post about how Wednesday's reading totally hit home for me (which it did), but as I was typing it out, God revealed this one to me.

I was copying out that middle section about what our lives look like if we live like we've been crucified with Christ, and my eye skipped lines on one little bit of it. Instead of two separate sentences: "You laugh at your mistakes" and "You love your enemies, how goofy is that?" my brain combined them into "You love your mistakes." And that hit me as being so crazy and powerful, that I had to go back and reread a little bit, which caused me to notice my mistake.

BUT it's still true!

It goes against everything in me to delight in my weaknesses, but I am empowered to delight in my failings because HE delights in them.

Therefore I am well-content with my weaknesses, with insults, with distresses, with perseuctions, with difficulties, for Christ's sake; for when I am weak, then I am strong.

1 comment:

  1. [9] But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly of my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may rest upon me.
    (2 Corinthians 12:9)

    Probably my favorite verse. I love the idea of "You love your mistakes."

    ReplyDelete