Friday, April 15, 2011

Humility and Vulnerability

I don't like being vulnerable. It's probably not most peoples' favorite either. Recently I've been seeing this inner struggle against being open with people as merely my pride fighting against the call to humility. To be vulnerable with others, to share sin and burdens, to others know about what is going in my life, to show others that I am by no means perfect is truly a humbling experience. My pride though wants me to keep up the facade of perfection. But facades do not create community, they do not create a body that lives and breathes together. Instead pride leaves an individual fighting against the obvious, humbling truth that we are a broken people who love Christ. God, help me to not fight vulnerability but instead be humbled by the love you show to those who confess their brokenness.

1 comment:

  1. Got totally revealed that to me this year. Being vulnerable is so hard. And confessing your sins-if you truly believe in the power of the cross that Jesus covers your shame, then you shouldn't be ashamed of confessing (to specific people of course). But yeah, its hard but I have grown so much and my relationships have grown exponentially through vulnerability.

    ReplyDelete