Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Palm Sunday Humility

Rejoice, O people of Zion! Shout in triumph, O people of Jerusalem! Look, your king is coming to you. He is righteous and victorious, yet he is humble, riding on a donkey--riding on a donkey's colt. Zechariah 9:9

I am puzzled and inspired by how Jesus ransacks Jerusalem. Instead of mounting His invasion with "shock and awe" and all kinds of military fire power, Jesus, our hero, rides on a donkey's colt.

In most cases, I really have a hard time finding practical application points from Jesus; however, Palm Sunday has been a wonderful practical example on how to establish the victory of God.

I imagine myself going to work, the mall, a bible study, over the levee to greet students and youth leaders as though I was "humble, riding on a donkey -- riding on a donkey's colt."

No comments:

Post a Comment