Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Sincere Love for People - Week 2

Hardly an hour has gone by over the last week without me pausing and recognizing a quiet, restless voice that simply says, "pray for those who persecute you. Love your enemies." The voice beckons me to I Peter "when they hurled their insults at Him, He did not retaliate. When He suffered, He made no threats." Dear Jesus, take your knife and fire and offer a sacrifice that kills me and yet establishes your eternal life. Clear out this spiritual house (Peter & Paul) so that it is no longer full of my vain glory but is fundamentally a home that "hungers and thirst for righteousness." Then and only then with your new nature can I sincerely love you and others. Keep cleansing this temple Lord and establishing your Kingdom in and through it. Thanks for your unfailing, unceasing love and never ending mercy. You are amazing and I am in awe of you.

No comments:

Post a Comment