Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Entirely, Fully, Wholly Devoted

The people's response in Joshua 24 reminds me what it means to be committed to God and serving Him. True commitment to God leaves no room for idols. I have to ask myself, what are the idols in my life, because they're getting in the way of my service to God. My heart and mind should be focused on Him and when they're not, it is easy to lose sight of the commitment I have made to God.
I pray that the idols in my life will be eroded away so that only what is of God will remain. Service to God is so important because it matters in His Kingdom. The things that we do here have a purpose. I want God to prune me so that there will be good fruit from the Spirit. Pruning may be painful at times, but it is necessary. I trust that God's plan for my life is good, even in times of pruning.

2 comments:

  1. I love this post. I just commented to Tyler about pruning in John 15:1. I like your use of the word "eroding." I think sometimes God is so patient that pruning feels like eroding; however, as in Tyler's case, sometimes he grabs the sheers and really hits it/you with some intense refinement! Blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this post. I just commented to Tyler about pruning in John 15:1. I like your use of the word "eroding." I think sometimes God is so patient that pruning feels like eroding; however, as in Tyler's case,sometimes he grabs the sheers and really hits it/you with some intense refinement! Blessings.

    ReplyDelete