Monday, April 11, 2011

Third Post Today, but in need of Prayer!



Sorry this is my third post today, but my Aunt Melody is in the hospital because she was in a motorcycle accident over this weekend. The following is an excerpt from an e-mail my Dad sent me this morning when I asked if there was anything specifically I could pray for for her.

She was in a motorcycle accident and is in ICU, but with a good prognosis for survival. She has some bleeding on the brain, a collapsed lung, and some broken ribs. She is currently sedated. Long term health effects are unknown until she comes out of sedation and can start communicating with people. She needs prayer for healing.

Besides prayer for Melody, I think Mark needs some prayer. He is extremely upset, and with everything that has been going on for him (eg TJ going to Atlanta and not wanting to even talk to Mark), I think he is in a dark place personally. Mark does not believe in God so these kind of situations leave him without the kind of hope that we have as Christians.


My cousin TJ has recently moved away from home (he is 16). This is a very broken family, and I would really appreciate your prayer for my Aunt, and my Uncle, but especially their two sons, TJ and and Andrew. TJ is currently not speaking to his family, so I am really praying that perhaps God can work through this accident to heal his relationship with his parents.

2 comments:

  1. Kira, you got it! Praying for you and your family and have spread the word to others. Prayers are being lifted up. Please keep us posted on updates and further prayer requests.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely! Praying for both physical healing for your Aunt and for relational healing for their family!

    ReplyDelete