Saturday, April 16, 2011

Servants

I have to say when I read the question, "how do you react when someone treats with insult and disrespect? Do you choose to serve and honor that person or do you retaliate?" I had to stop and think. I know that we are called to serve one another and to love on others even when they do not love on us. But it is difficult at times. The text says you are called to serve if you are in a position of widespread influence and you are called to serve even if you are in a position of little influence and recognition.

WOW, no matter what we are supposed to serve and the inspiration comes from Christ. When we truly serve others that is when we can grow stronger.

So back to the questions. When I looked back on past experiences I know I had the tendency to retaliate rather then to serve when people threw down insults. It always hits me and I think, why would they say things like that or wow they are rude. But instead I should be thinking, hey God has put this person here to honor and to love. No matter what these are God's children and we are called to love on one another and to serve. To crave Jesus is to serve like Jesus. And when we serve like Jesus that is when the reward of joy, love, and freedom come. We have been called to serve and to love on God's children.

I love each and every one of you and am praying for an awesome summer of growth within each other and our relationships with the Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment