Friday, April 22, 2011

It's a GOOD Friday.

Am I prepared to die for Christ today? Do I truly believe that I am justified in him that I might make that sacrifice for the sake of his love?

I beg you Father to help me serve you better, I beg you to fulfill me so that I would not fear death or separation from this world which is filled with pain and suffering. I pray that you make me an arrow, pointing to you, though I know that without Christ's blood I am not clean enough for even that. I pay that my ways would be your ways and that I might be renewed and healed in you everyday. I praise your glory, I fall to my knees with your joy. Father God I love you! Constant teacher and companion. My Redeemer, my love. Your love is so tangible to me.

Sanctified, Justified, Accounted for, send me further into the depths of your love, cover me in you and then send me forth as a sacrifice, strip away all that is me, until only you remain. Allow me to give my meager everything. Destroy me that you might be seen by the eyes of those who have turned from you. Remind me, today and everyday of the power in your name. Give me your joy and peace that I might see only you in the face of suffering. Send me smiling to the alter and hold me there. But Father, never leave me. I have your promise, your word that you will never leave me. So sacrifice me, but hold me. Father I know that you are with me. Save me from myself if only to give my life for you. Find me God, that I might find you.

Who are you that you would turn your face from your Son, as he bore my filth, so that you could look lovingly into my eyes? That this day, and every other day, you patiently wait for me to come to you? That you call out to me constantly? Constantly remind me of your love, constantly affirm your power? Father stip away any pretention that I understand your love for me, and let it simply overwhelm me. Thank you for the nails that I did not feel pierce my hand, the sword that didn't split my side. Thank you for your sacrifice. Thank you for giving everything.

1 comment:

  1. i watched that movie yesterday... man, it really puts things into perspective. i think so often we just think about Christ's sacrifice and we act like we know how brutal and extravagant it was, but it's not until we see a glimpse of what it might have been like that we really understand how great a sacrifice it was!

    ReplyDelete