Saturday, April 9, 2011

How Encouraging

Dear friends,

How encouraging was reading 1 Corinthians 2:1-5 yesterday? If you just skimmed through it at first (like me) I really support you in going back through and soaking it in. Realize yet another blessing Christ has graciously bestowed upon us. We truly can not be thankful enough. When we are called to speak to someone about Christ, whether it is a camper who is hearing about him for the first time or the youth group leader, we are called to speak to someone about CHRIST.
C-H-R-I-S-T. I love when Paul humbles himself yet again before the Corinthians and before us in admitting he is "timid and trembling" and that his "message and preaching were very plain." How Christ-like?! One of my favorite things about Christ is his integrity. He is who he says he is. Plain and simple. Beautiful and passionate. How could any elaborate, complex, or poetic sounding mixture of human words accurately describe the divinely intimate Jesus? I need to start acknowledging that he is the one who will save that camper. The Holy Spirit WILL move through the story of Christ, and no amount of pretty language will lead them towards him. That is all that we need to talk about. We don't need skill or talent. We only need Christ. We truly can not be thankful enough.

2 comments:

  1. Alyssa, there is so much power and wisdom behind these words. Thank you so much for sharing with us!

    Side note: As I was reading, I was thinking about watching you get baptized last summer and how joyful that was, and I'm so excited to see all the plans He has to work in you and through you this coming summer. He is so good and so faithful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I miss you, Pearl! I can not wait to serve with you and everyone this summer. So many opportunities to see His face :)

    ReplyDelete