Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Psalm 23

So I am part of a small group, and we went over Psalm 23. After going over and reading this Psalm I have decided that it probably is one of my favorites! There is so much to it and it is writing so beautifully. Anyway I asked my small group to pick two lines from the Psalm that describe your relationship with God it worked out so well I thought I would share this all my amazing Trainees and Drivers. So here you guys go, read it a put down two lines that fit you and your Lord right now and figure out why:

1 The LORD is my shepherd, I lack nothing.
2 He makes me lie down in green pastures,
he leads me beside quiet waters,
3 he refreshes my soul.
He guides me along the right paths
for his name’s sake.
4 Even though I walk
through the darkest valley,[a]
I will fear no evil,
for you are with me;
your rod and your staff,
they comfort me.

5 You prepare a table before me
in the presence of my enemies.
You anoint my head with oil;
my cup overflows.
6 Surely your goodness and love will follow me
all the days of my life,
and I will dwell in the house of the LORD
forever.

I hope this helps you focus and pursue Christ while we wait patiently for the summer.


In His Grip

Kevin

2 comments:

  1. Even though I walk
    through the darkest valley,[a]
    I will fear no evil,
    for you are with me;
    your rod and your staff,
    they comfort me.

    Surely your goodness and love will follow me
    all the days of my life,
    and I will dwell in the house of the LORD
    forever.

    I think those two right now. It is such a beautiful Psalm that I think I've often overlooked simply because I spent SO MUCH time in Sunday Schools and Awana growing up that I assume "Oh, I know that one" But it isn't true! One of my favorite things about the Bible is how what the words mean to me changes depending on where I am in my life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 6 Surely your goodness and love will follow me
    all the days of my life,
    and I will dwell in the house of the LORD
    forever.

    3 he refreshes my soul.
    He guides me along the right paths
    for his name’s sake.

    :D God is good.

    ReplyDelete