Monday, April 18, 2011

In Humility I write this today.....

So although we are into a new week I wanted to make sure I blogged my thoughts on last weeks topic of humility which was so refreshing and encouraging to read about, think through and pray on for the summer. The reminder that nothing we do is about us but all about the glory of Christ . I loved on Wednesday where it said, "The position that you occupy is immaterial. The condition of your hear is essential." I think this not only bears in mind that even if you are in a position of high leadership and authority that if your heart is not set on Christ it is useless for you to be there but also if you are in a position as a servant that with your heart set on Christ you can do more than you could have ever imagined. It is not what you do but how you do it. I think this is also coincides with the idea that it is about serving everyone not who is easy or you are more comfortable serving. True humbleness is what I long for........

1 comment:

  1. "It is not what you do but how you do it."

    Doing follows being,

    "Don't choose to serve, choose to be a servant" -E.W. (Emily WIlliams, not Eric Wyne... I wish)

    ReplyDelete