Saturday, April 30, 2011

Total Loyalty- Total Commitment

Exposing the source of your faith-wow its kind of scary. Do I place faith in myself, in the world, in faith itself, or is my faith truly in God? It is scary to know that with faith does come pressure but I can take encouragement in the fact that God supplies everything I need- so that I can give it right back to Him. Sometimes it is scary to persevere- it is so much easier to give up, to back down, to ignore the issue at hand. But God wants everything, and He deserves everything. God: help me to remember daily that what is seen is temporary- that what matters is faith in you and in your will. There are times when I want to say, okay right now I am going to get all my stuff done but once thats over, or when the week is over, or when I get a break, or when it's summer, I can really dedicated myself to whats important- I can really give myself fully then. But no! I am supposed to give myself fully now, at all times, in all occasions. Its so difficult God, it can be so overwhelming, so thank you for being there, patiently helping me to come to my senses. This week has been such a lightbulb week- and these devotions certainly helped. BTW- amazing imagery that will always stick with me: "His cross beckons us at our core to shatter all trust in what is seen and to confess, 'to live is Christ and to die is gain'"

No comments:

Post a Comment