Wednesday, April 6, 2011

The Glory

I know I just posted, but I thought I would do another one while on the topic of pride. A few days ado we read Matthew 5:16, which says, In the same way, let your light shine before men, so that they may see your good deeds and give glory to your Father who is in heaven. When I think of the service we do for others and for the church, I think of how easy it is to accept praise from people for all of our actions. I think a good defense against prideful situations is going into it with the right mindset. I don't want to give of myself to get a thank you, I want to give of myself to show Jesus. I don't want to be purpose driven, I would much rather be love inspired. The best feeling in the world is not serving people because I feel that I have to or ought to, it is serving people out of the genuine love of Christ and being amazed at what He does through that. If I leave a situation feeling good about what I did, it is purpose driven. But if I leave a situation in awe of what God did, that is love inspired.

3 comments:

  1. Love the multiple posts! Keep em coming :)

    It's funny how the 'thank you' we receive makes us feel good about what we did at first, but much like a drug we have to keep working, trying harder, and upping the anti to get that feeling again. Praise God we don't have to earn His love and acceptance. That's the kind of love we cannot keep to ourselves.

    "The best feeling in the world is not serving people because I feel that I have to or ought to, it is serving people out of the genuine love of Christ and being amazed at what He does through that"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rock on I loved hearing this! I feel like it's been a total theme in the sermons I've been hearing lately! I hope we can all strive I be love driven!

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is so true, wow - that last sentence hits me again and again every time i read it

    ReplyDelete