Tuesday, April 26, 2011

What Really Matters

Loyalty and commitment are difficult when you can't hear God. Forgive me for the frustration that comes with the rest of this post, I just feel that I would be wasting your time if I lied and said everything was dandy. I would rather sum it up and say that it has been just a really crummy week all around. It was topped off when our elderly neighbor shot himself Sunday after coming home from the hospital. He was a really good friend of my grandfather. That scares me because my grandpa has been dealing with health and depression issues, and he doesn't shy away from the fact that he just wants to be with my grandmother, who passed away a few years ago.

I havent yet, but I am definitely going to call him up and share tuesdays mediation verse from II Corinthians. "Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day." Trails reveal how strong we are.

This easter weekend I was reminded of what really matters, and I am still blown away that Jesus loves me and loves my grandpa for free. Because we have been the recipients of love, we give it away. And to do that we need to invest our lives in people and really, truly love them. We dont even have to use words.

3 comments:

  1. Hang in there, Tyler! Ride out the crummy stuff, and tether yourself as best you can to what you know is true. One of my favorite quotes is, "don't doubt in the darkness what God has revealed to you in the light." Praying for you right now to maintain the perseverance to keep your eyes set on what is unseen and not on the stuff that is seen (and crummy)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tyler - you're living the dichotomy of faith dude. As God grows fruit what does He do? He prunes the vine. Thanks for this beautiful testimony.

    John 15: 1 - "while every branch that does bear fruit he prunes[a] so that it will be even more fruitful."

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tyler - you're living the dichotomy of faith dude. As God grows fruit what does He do? He prunes the vine. Thanks for this beautiful testimony.

    John 15: 1 - "while every branch that does bear fruit he prunes[a] so that it will be even more fruitful."

    ReplyDelete