Friday, April 8, 2011

The Boldt

Just so you know this is kind of random and might skip around a bit.

So this is my second year at Humboldt State University and for about as long as I have been going here I have known that God sent me here for a purpose (which is pretty rad!!!!). I didn’t even really want to apply for Humboldt but God lined everything up so that I really didn’t have any other choice. It is really cool looking back at that and seeing how God is so in control and how everything really is in his timing. In one of the bible studies I attend we have been going over Esther and in Esther 4:14 it says “and who knows but that you have come to a royal position for such a time as this.” This verse has kind of been a theme verse between a few friends because we all feel like we have been placed in Humboldt for a reason.

So in the time that I have lived in Humboldt my heart has just broken for the lost. For those of you that do not know much about HSU it is smaller state college in Arcata, CA which is on the coast of California directly to the east of where Shasta is at (about a 3 hour drive but would be 45 minutes if there weren’t mountains). Arcata is a small city that is dominated with new age where “do what ever makes you feel good” basically controls everyone. Humboldt is known for their drugs—specifically pot. It is really sad to see people that are so lost and trying to fill themselves up with worldly things that are only going to give them temporary satisfaction. So, this past weekend a man named Ted Rose (happens to be from Roseville CA – my home town) spoke at the church that my roommates attend and I had randomly decided to go to this weekend (I usually go to another church). And he was talking about prayer and really convicted all of the college students about how we really should be praying more. And he kept on bringing up a revival at HSU. Revival is a word that keeps popping up around the Christian groups up here but until this last weekend I didn’t trust God enough to see that it is possible. I mean God is so big and awesome he can bring revival to a place that is in need of him. With this the college group has completely changed we are praying more and being more bold. It is so exciting to see everybody grow!!! Today we were tabling on the quad for the spring preview peeps and it was kinda sad to see how many people didn’t know that there were Christian clubs on campus. Which really told me that we need to be BOLD!!!! So yeah God has been amazing this week and I am excited to see how he is going to continue to work at HSU!!!!! And all of this went along with the devos this week and last which was amazing!!!! So yeah LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!!

If you guys could be praying for all of us up here that would be great!!!

1 comment:

  1. It was awesome to read this, as just this weekend at women's retreat my friend Megan started talking about how she is the only one in her family who was a Christian, and she really wanted her twin sister (who goes to Humbolt) to be able to find Christian community, or even just KNOW some Christians in Humbolt. Thank you for being a light in a place of darkness... shine on!

    ReplyDelete