Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Breakfast on the Beach

Ever since Friday of week 1 (and I mean when we did week 1 with the barneys over a month ago!) Jesus keeps challenging me with that one line: "Do you love me?"

And now as we go through the different staff characteristics, it just becomes more and more relevant. Sincere love for people - do you love me? Humility - do you love me? With four words, He can shut down any self-serving thoughts or actions. Literally every morning I'm finding that He brings me back to breakfast on the beach and asks me to recommit the coming day to Him - do you love me?

"But Jesus, I'm tired, weary, broken down!"
Do you love me?

"I just can't invest in this [person, conversation, relationship] right now - I need time for myself."
Do you love me?

"Jesus, I've got my day planned out, so I don't really need you right now."
Do you love me?

"Stop it inviting me back to sit with you - I don't deserve it!"
Pearl. Do you love me?

1 comment:

  1. Dude so good! That was beautifully written and your thoughts were conveyed out so well!

    ReplyDelete