Wednesday, April 13, 2011

All you need is love

I just want to start by saying how I am always amazed at how God knows when I need to hear something -- it is always at the right moment. God has great timing! When reading today's devotional, one question got me thinking. "How do you react when someone treats you with an insult and disrespect?" This was a question that I needed to hear right now. I am currently struggling with an individual who continues to disrespect me even when I show them nothing but respect. I find myself angered and frustrated. I find myself wondering how I can gain this person's respect and consideration. After trying and trying, I become angry with myself but then I remember that anger will get me nowhere. No matter how much disrespect I am shown, my response should always be love, service, and honor. It shouldn't matter to me how this person treats me. What should matter is how I treat them. I can humbly accept their criticism and in return, love them. I think that this is something that we all find challenging but it is important to know that retaliation will not result in progress. Just as the reading says, "the condition of your heart is essential." Love should always be the condition. No matter what, we love on people. I may never gain the respect of this individual, but while that may seem important, I need to understand that all I need to do is love them.

God always chooses the right moment to share with me what He wants to learn. I was almost to my breaking point but today's devotional is such a strong reminder for me to love constantly. It is important to understand where my heart is and to understand how I need react and not how I want to react. It is my prayer that we all can remember to love regardless of the situation. I would appreciate your prayers for me and my relationship. Pray that I may continue to love this individual no matter what happens. Pray that I may trust God, and follow my heart and not my head.

No comments:

Post a Comment