Saturday, April 23, 2011

It Ain't Mine!

LAST WEEK: HUMILITY

Each week so far in the prayer we have prayed, "Father, I thank you for life today..."
I love that this is an obvious recognition that our life is not our own. It does not say, Father I thank you for MY life and MY health and MY, MY, MY... We realize that the things we thought were ours were never our own. The car I drive, the house I get to live in, the hot ski boats or the luxurious houseboats... THEY ARE NOT OURS! Should we be calling them so? I think not. It is with open hands that we are allowed to use these gifts.

"If you are in a position of widespread influence you are called to serve. If you are in a position of little influence or recognition, you are called to serve. The position that you occupy is immaterial. The condition of your heart is essential."
We are called to humbly serve, no matter what. No questions asked, even if it is saying "Sure I'll jump in the water fully clothed for your skit, I'd love to! " You can't go wrong with saying yes to Jesus call on your life! Do I trust that He will guide the steps I take? Do I trust that he will provide? Do I trust HIM?
"Here I am. Send me!" - not here are all the great things I do or all the skills I have or the Abilities I have. All Isaiah says is "Here I am. Send me!"




THIS WEEK: SACRIFICE

Thursday: - "The path of the cross is daily walked with or without Christ. To surrender condemnation, self-hatred and shame to Christ is to drop your nails and let Christ do His work ... and die."
Father, with such conviction you put this on my heart, you have done this for me, how could I deny that. I do each day when I try to think I'm doing it all my own. Father take the nails, you have already paid for my sins. May I die, Lord 'my' life is not my own!

He has risen, Hallelujah! The Kingdom is here! Happy Easter!

No comments:

Post a Comment