Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Go figure!

WHY pride?? WHY???

"The eye cannot say to the hand, 'I don't need you!' And the head cannot say to the feet, 'I don't need you!' On the contrary, those parts of the body that seem to be weaker are indispensable, and the parts that we think are less honorable we treat with special honor."
2 Cor 12:21-23a

I'm not nearly as complex as I think I am. I have these vain imaginations that I'm capable of doing a lot of different things and of doing them well. False. I have two hands and when I try to take on 3 or 4 different things or when the surprises of life show up, I am forced to rely on the open hands of my friends and neighbors. I NEED them!

And how much more do we love someone when we realize we need them? (How much more do we love Christ when we realize we are desperate for Him?) When we recognize we are not enough- when I recognize that the people around me are willing, able, and probably better equipped- we turn our eyes to the body of Christ and see that it's not about us.

2 comments:

  1. I loved this. Working together is so important and when I try and tackle too many things it is usually because I think I can do them better. How many gifts am I overlooking in my brothers and sisters by thinking I have to exercise all of them on my own?

    ReplyDelete