Friday, April 8, 2011

Do you love people like that?

Do I?
What a challenging, uncomfortable, and inspiring question.
Heres the challenge: you have to actually love people.....and sincerely too, sometimes we don't want to acknowledge the difference. I reflect on times in the past when i've been trying to actively love someone, someone who is difficult for me to love- and you know what the tendency is? It is to get a little self-righteous, a little condescending, become a little bit of a "constructive" critic, and then mention God a few times....ooookkk time to take a step back. I start to think that I have been given a serious gift in advice giving, and clearly I am fulfilling my purpose by bestowing upon my friend the gift that is my personal opinion of his/her lifestyle. That isn't what God calls us to do, that is not showing love. Jesus= Love. Pointing our neighbors to Jesus is how we show them love, let them see how we live for Jesus, how we thirst for that unconditional love how that love is meant for them too, let our HUMBLE faithfulness speak more than we ever actually do. Because lets be honest, sometimes our words get in the way--> when we plan outside of God to help someone get to God- well you see what i mean, it just doesn't make much sense.
God I pray that I can emptied of pride and anger, steered away from the temptation of this world, and filled with YOU, filled with the love that You are. God help me to follow you and help me to acknowledge my weaknesses so that I can forever be blessed with the knowledge of your ultimate love for us.

1 comment:

  1. "Pointing our neighbors to Jesus is how we show them love, let them see how we live for Jesus, how we thirst for that unconditional love how that love is meant for them too, let our HUMBLE faithfulness speak more than we ever actually do."

    Amen, sister!

    ReplyDelete