Tuesday, April 26, 2011

When making sense doesn't make sense...

I was struck in today's reading about fixing our eyes on what is unseen. Isn't that what faith is about? I recently finished reading Francis Chan's Crazy Love (a great book by the way). After sharing the story of Noah building the ark, there is a line that says, "Having faith often means doing what others see as crazy. Something is wrong when our lives make sense to unbelievers." This has got me thinking... Does my life make sense? Most of the time we would like to think that our lives are clear and we know whats going on... However, making sense doesn't make sense. Making sense is normal. I don't want to be normal. I want to stand out. I want to stand out because of my commitment and loyalty to Christ. But what does this mean? Literal definition of commitment: dedication; a pledge. Loyalty: a strong feeling of support. When thinking about our relationship with Christ -- this makes sense... in a good way. My commitment to Christ means that I have dedicated my life to Him. In Crazy Love there is a chapter about obsession. Chan gives what he calls "Profile of the obsessed." Throughout the chapter, Chan offers tidbits about what it means to be obsessed with Christ.
A person who is obsessed with Jesus will do things that don't always make sense in terms of success or wealth on this earth... People who are obsessed with God have an intimate relationship with Him. They are nourished by God's word throughout the day... A person who is obsessed with Jesus knows that the best thing he can do is be faithful to his Savior in every aspect of his life...

With that said, are you obsessed? Are you committed and loyal to Christ? Does you life not make sense?! Are you faithful to Christ in every aspect? This is where I think a lot of us get stuck -- I know I do. Part of being completely dedicated to Christ is putting every part of my life towards Him. I can only hope that I am truly obsessed with Christ and that my life doesn't make sense.

No comments:

Post a Comment