Monday, April 18, 2011

Did anyone notice in John 3:2, Nicodemus never asked a question? He only stated a fact that everyone knew. "God was sent to teach, and his miraculous signs were evidence that God was with Him." It baffles me to try to figure out how God knew Nicodemus' thought without ever hearing a verbal question from Nicodemus. But, its God, and I am only human after all. ALSO...God didnt take credit for what He had done previous, rather He jumped right into the hard truth. I think Nicodemus was trying to be nice to Christ in hopes of "getting on Christ's good side" and flatter his way into heaven. BUT... Christ just gives it to him straight, "I tell you the truth, unless you are born again, you cannot see the Kingdom of God." Unless you are saved, heaven is out of reach.

1 comment:

  1. "He jumped right into the hard truth." Jesus has such unbelievable listening skills! God has been challenging me to recall that His unique truth and mercy makes a very unique home in my heart and the hearts to whom I encounter. To Nic's stale religion He says, "be born again." In the hopelessness of Lazarus' death He says, "I am the resurrection." To the woman at the well, "drink from this and you will never thirst." To the lady in the dirt naked and ashamed, "your sins have been forgiven." Reid pointed me to an amazing truth about Christ's gospel when He showed me that it is "unique, climatic, and decisive." Your post definitely celebrates this truth. Your post also speaks to me that God has been preparing each person I encounter with a life of circumstances, good and bad, that He can use and make new by the power of His truth and mercy.

    ReplyDelete