Thursday, April 7, 2011

I am a Lion, hear me Roar!

First of all, I have really enjoyed going through this Sonshine devo and I have been so encouraged by all of your posts! So today, the main thing that stuck out to me was about being a leader. Too often, I jump to the conclusion that I am not a leader. Society tells us that some people are born as leaders and others are born as followers. I use the excuse that I am more on the quiet, introverted side and therefore not a leader. I am not the "lion" type personality (you know those animal personlity test descriptions..its the take charge leader strong agressive type), the outgoing crazy girl, nor the one who is the center of attention in social circles. Thus, society dubs me as a "follower." But this is sooooo not true! I AM A LEADER. As children of God, we are called to lead, be champions for Him Name. Being a leader for the Lord does not always mean being super outgoing, wanting to take charge, being the center of attention, or speaking eloquently. Even as a Christian, it does not mean writing deep, inspirational books or preaching to large crowds. Instead, being a leader means giving our lives totally and completely over to the Spirit of God and letting His strength and power shine though us however He wants. It is not about our personalities, talents, confidence, or even spiritual gifts. Those things do not make us leaders. Rather, it is the way we allow Christ to live though us, the way we recognize that He is the one who gave us those personalities, gifts, and talents, and it is the way we sacrifice everything to Him. FOLLOWING Christ to the fullest if how we are to be LEADING those around us! As it is said so often at Sonshine : You must become a true servant to become a true leader. This is something that I am going to be working on not only now, but especially for the summer. I pray that not only myself, but all of us will allow Christ to take over and live through us so that we may be transformed into world changers for Him. Am I willing to let Him take over and lead me so I can in turn lead others to Him? Yes!

3 comments:

  1. So true Kristen!

    Be encouraged that He has raised you up to lead this summer, and He will be faithful to that calling. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. God gave me this verse and I took great comfort in it as I prepared for my driving experience in 2009 (and for the start of nursing school that came right after) : "Faithful is he who calls you, and he also will bring it to pass!" -1Thess 5:24

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the post title!

    And so very true!

    ReplyDelete