Friday, April 22, 2011

Passionate Sacrifice

So, I have been going through this week and reading the devotionals, not really sure of what I wanted to share here. To be honest, it's that busy time of year where everything is due and nothing has been started. As I get overwhelmed with papers and tests that I have had ample time to prepare for, I think of the greater things I have been able to do this semester instead of being so focused on achieving things for myself. If I don't ace everything, what does it matter? As I come to the end of my most difficult semester, all of these trivial things are piling up all at one time around one occasion, Easter. This whole week has felt like a glorious celebration. Passion week has made me truly passionate about Jesus. I was sharing with a friend the other day that Easter is my favorite holiday. Apparently that's not common. But the gifts we get on Christmas and other holidays don't even compare to the gift we have in Christ. Grace is the gift that keeps on giving. Out of grace from God flows love and forgiveness for others. I cannot even begin to imagine what my life would be like if this truth were not at the center, guiding my every move. This is the overflow that we are always talking about, and it all starts with this love for Christ. What a better day that Good Friday to focus on the ultimate vision of sacrifice. Sacrifice promotes healing for someone else. Lord, destroy my selfish mind and allow me to only see people through your eyes. Shatter my perspective and renew my mind. Let my love for You guide my every move, and let all other interactions merely be an outward sign of the grace that You have given.

He Himself bore our sins in His body on the tree, that we might die to sin and live in righteousness. By His wounds YOU HAVE BEEN HEALED! [1Peter2:24]

No comments:

Post a Comment