Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Throughout the Whole Wide World

I am going to take a moment to be honest and say that I have been having a hard time with this blog thing. I had talked to Mike about the leadership blog and was totally stoked on becoming a part of another blog with such an awesome group with so many opportunities to grow and challenge one another, but with starting a new quarter I found myself overwhelmed by the sheer volume of posts. Not that that is a bad thing by any means, I just found myself unable to keep up with reading them, a feeling that turned into discouragement for not being able to get my priorities and time worked out so I could be a contributing part of the blog. However, I realized that was pride speaking in setting an expectation of having to read all other posts before I could contribute... my mind works funny sometimes. I'm not much of a writer, but here goes...

I recently read through Romans 1 for another Bible Study and was especially touched by vs. 8 "I thank my God through Jesus Christ for you all, because your faith is being proclaimed throughout the whole world!"... wow what a statement. To have a church (Rome in this case) living a life of faith that is so powerful and counter-culture that the people they interact with are noticing and other telling people about this radical faith, who are then going and telling other people about it because they were so strongly impressed simply be hearing about it! And so on until the whole world knows and is hearing.

Reading in the context of Sonshine, I thought about how much of a challenge it is for us to pray that the people we interact with during the summer are so impacted by the way we live our lives that after the week is over it is what they go home and tell others about when asked how camp was. Not about ski runs or mafia or whatever else "fun" they do, and not about "us" as a super cool staff, but rather that they are so impacted by clearly seeing Christ through the "windows" of our lives that they themselves are changed and go tell others about what they saw.

Just a thought. Thanks everyone for the posts, I know they have been a great encouragement to me.

2 comments:

  1. Connor, I totally feel you on being overwhelmed by the number of posts! There's so much good stuff being said, but it's so hard to keep up with it all. Thanks for pushing yourself to post anyway - I look forward to hearing more from you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Conner, when i feel overwhelmed by the amount of posts i reach for my ever useful ROBOT GOPHER! He does all the reading for me! Ok just kidding about the robot gopher but man Corsetto can you get on that already! Hang in there Conner, these posts are some of the most Gospel rich writings of our time in History! God is doing some real incredible stuff through this.

    ReplyDelete